Date:      Fri, 20 Dec 2002 21:16:54 +0000
From:      lewiz <purple@lewiz.info>
To:        FreeBSD-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   SCSI / ahc.

--pWyiEgJYm5f9v55/

Hey,

  I've been trying to get an Adaptec AHA-2920 working under 4.5-RELEASE
just recently.  That 2920 is supported by the ahc controller.

  In my kernel config file I have the following entries:

device pci
device ahc
device scbus

  And have also tried with the following:

device pci
device ahc
device scbus0 at ahc?

  Neither of these seem to work and I am not sure which is correct.  I
would appreciate help on this subject.

  After booting in verbose mode and grepping `dmesg` for both scbus and
ahc I found nothing.  I believe this means it is not even probing.
However, pciconf -vl lists the SCSI device in question so I am beginning
to wonder what might be wrong.

  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.  Maybe I've just done
something wrong or there is something clever I could try.  I can provide
any information required (although you might have to explain how to get
it ;).

  Best wishes,

-lewiz.

--=20
=2E.. at least I thought I was dancing, 'til somebody stepped on my hand.
		-- J. B. White
--|| url: http://lewiz.info/ | http://www.westwood.karoo.net/pgpkey ||--

--pWyiEgJYm5f9v55/

--pWyiEgJYm5f9v55/--