Date:      Tue, 18 Jun 2013 17:12:53 +0000
From:      Alexey Dokuchaev <danfe@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Mark Felder <feld@feld.me>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Proposal: further OptionsNG improvements

On Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 11:56:07AM -0500, Mark Felder wrote:
> So we just got done porting most of the tree to a new options syntax
> and now we want to change it again? :-)

Yeah, why not?  ;-)

I've discussed that idea before with bapt@ on IRC; there is absolutely
no reasons why we should not use now-free nice, short OPTIONS knob again.

Obviously, it will happen gradually, in a piece-meal fashion; just like
with recently introduced FOO_*_DEPENDS stuff.  No one is talking about
converting all ports at once.

I personally really don't like to have two, often duplicating, lists of
OPTIONS_DEFINE and _DEFAULT, esp. given the fact that OPTIONS_DEFAULT
tends to break indentation.

./danfe