Date:      Mon, 5 Oct 1998 12:30:52 +1000
From:      Sue Blake <sue@welearn.com.au>
To:        "Jan B. Koum " <jkb@best.com>
Cc:        Malartre <malartre@aei.ca>, freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: man adduser

On Sun, Oct 04, 1998 at 07:06:59PM -0700, Jan B. Koum  wrote:

> 	Right.. But as root (or any user for that matter) one can set
> their prompt to whatever. It does NEED to be # even though it is in MOST
> cases.

Yet another case of spotlessly correct but bloody useless to the people
who need to use it. In its current state it is misleading.

> 	If you think it should be # instead of $, then send-pr(1) :)

Yes, please do. Either change it as suggested, or add:

 NOTE: This command must be executed as root.

I don't have to be pure, I just want to know how to work this machine :-)

--

Regards,
        -*Sue*-