Date:      Fri, 10 Mar 2000 21:46:56 -0700
From:      Chris Fedde <chris@fedde.littleton.co.us>
To:        Jas <jasartist@yahoo.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: recovery of corrupted filesystem?

Jas writes:
 +---------------
 | Hi
 |
 | I hope this is the right list for this question...
 |
 | I have (had?) freeBSD 3.3 installed. Power to system
 | went off without a shutdown command...on reboot of
 | freeBSD as soon as kernel starts....i get a screen
 | dump and the system re-boots.

When the system is running from the fixit CD can you mount and
examine the failing partitions? When does it fail?  before or
durring kernel load, before or durring device detection or after
when rc starts running? Can you stop it at the boot prompt?

chris

__
Chris Fedde
<chris@fedde.littleton.co.us> 303 773 9134