Date:      Fri, 13 Sep 2002 19:09:52 +0200
From:      Radko Keves <rado@studnet.sk>
To:        Katinka Mills <katinka@magestower.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Securing Servers

;), Fri, Sep 13, 2002 at 08:43:23PM +0800, Katinka Mills said that
 Hi all,

> I am not so much a newbie, but I am stumpped, how do I restrict useres to
> only their home directories ? I do not want users wandering around my
> servers, just log in their home directory and that is it. I force all my
> users to use SSH, no telnet, and they can ftp in too (for web page uploades
> etc)
>

> Also how can I give them ftp access to their public_html dirtectory but not
> shell access ?
>
> Regards,
>
> Kat.
first try:

man 7 security
man 4 tcp
man 4 udp
man -k sysctl
man 7 sec-doc
man 8 chroot
man 5 ftpchroot
man 8 jail
man -k ipsec
[...]

and search on internet :)
--
19:04  up 4 days,  4:54, 21 users, load averages: 0,00 0,00 0,00