Date:      Thu, 02 Sep 1999 19:51:22 -0400
From:      Eric Brunner <brunner@world.std.com>
To:        doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Query  -- editor(s)

Hi,

What are my choices for writing, assuming that for some reason(s)
I want some degree of consistency between what I am writing and
the handbook? For the moment, assume that I'm writing a section,
knowing my material, but using vi and no tool (or method) more
sophisticated than occasionally browsing a page-in-progress. I'm
more than a little concerned that producing subsequent work for
publication (in roff, TeX, or Postscript) from my common text will
require more work later...

So, if I were the happy volunteer who drew the short straw for
the jrandom section of the handbook, posessed only of 2.2.8, what
would be my production tool kit?

TiA,
Eric

P.S. Yes, I'm serious, its a software architecture paper series,
based upon a 2.0.5-based router/firewall implementation, and a
set of alternatives, of which -current is one viable implementation.