Date:      Fri, 2 Jun 2000 19:40:38 -0500 (CDT)
From:      "James A. Mutter" <jmutter@colltech.com>
To:        "James A. Peltier" <james@aspert.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Fastest E-Mail Packages

On Fri, 2 Jun 2000, James A. Peltier wrote:

> What is the fastest MTA sendmail, posfix.. etc?

I think that really depends on who you ask.  Postfix claims to be the
fastest, but Sendmail 8.10.X claims to be pretty fast well.  It depends as
much on the configuration as it does on the MTA.  Chances are that unless
you're using either in a very high traffic environment such as Hotmail,
Aol, Mail.Com, etc... that you'll never notice the difference.

> What is the fastest POP3/IMAP servers?

No idea - but again, unless you're using it in an abusive environment
you'll probably never notice.

> Which are you using?

hub.freebsd.org uses Postfix, you can see this in the headers of any
message.

-
Jim