Date:      Thu, 24 Dec 1998 09:05:44 -0600 (CST)
From:      Bruce Albrecht <bruce@zuhause.mn.org>
To:        Jamie Bowden <jamie@itribe.net>
Cc:        Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>, Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>, hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Good, cheap 100BaseT Ethernet cards?

Jamie Bowden writes:
 > I have no idea who made it, or where it came from, as it was here when I
 > got here.  I've never even put it in a machine to see how well it works,
 > but it's kinda cool, as I had never seen a 100mbit ISA card before.

National made a chip set, and Intel sold a ISA card with a 10/100
Mbps, but the Linux Ethernet driver guru never got the specs out of
anyone, and when I tried a couple of months ago, Intel told me to talk
to National, and National told me to talk to my local distributers,
and the two distributers' national document centers didn't have it.  I
guess National and Intel are both ashamed to have been involved in a
card that can use 100% of the bandwidth of the ISA bus.