Date:      Sat, 19 Oct 2002 00:15:51 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        matusita@jp.FreeBSD.org
Cc:        mobile@FreeBSD.ORG, nyan@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: pccard[dc] still needed?

In message: <20021019135304P.matusita@jp.FreeBSD.org>
            Makoto Matsushita <matusita@jp.FreeBSD.org> writes:
: In 5-current, NEWCARD is the default pccard subsystem IIRC. Since
: floppies are too small to put binaries, we may delete OLDCARD related
: things, pccardc and pccardd.
:
: Is it OK to apply following patch?  If something goes wrong when
: pccardc and pccardd is disappeared from boot.flp, please email me.

Yes.  They are not needed anymore.  However, there may be some OLDCARD
specific stuff inside of sysinstall that's not needed when one boots a
NEWCARD kernel.  I've not looked into the matter closely...

Warner