Date:      Tue, 9 Feb 1999 09:06:04 -0800 (PST)
From:      "K. Marsh" <durang@u.washington.edu>
To:        Pakorn Boonnam <boonnam@inet.co.th>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Adaptec AHA-2940U2W

On Tue, 9 Feb 1999, Pakorn Boonnam wrote:

> Hello sir, is FreeBSD support a scsi card Adaptec model AHA-2940U2W?
> Because, i have seen in Adaptec homepage that they don't support a use
> of this product with FreeBSD. And after i tried to install it with 2.2.5, the
> result is 2.2.5 doesn't reconized this card.

Many people have complained about an adaptec card not working in recent
versions of FreeBSD, but it depends on some of these factors:  The card's
revision number, the motherboard, the version of FreeBSD you are using.
It is not a common problem, and there is some uncertainty about whether it
is FreeBSD's problem, Adaptec's problem, or a user's problem.  Search the
FreeBSD archives using www.dejanews.com for information.  Using
keywords "FreeBSD 2940U" will give you several good messages.

In the future, questions like these should be sent to
freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, not freebsd-doc.  I don't know what
freebsd-doc is, and I'm not subscribed to it, so I'm not sure why I even
got your message.

Good luck.

  Kenneth J. Marsh             University of Washington
  durang@u.washington.edu        Chemical Engineering