Date:      Fri, 04 Sep 1998 12:38:38 -0700
From:      Studded <Studded@dal.net>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG

Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

> > The problem with this is the same as requiring subscriptions for
> > posting at all - a lot of us are subscribed through different accounts
> > than we post from (I, for instance, am subscribed through my
>
> I think there would be some collateral damage but, compared with the
> scenario of a rapid exodus of freebsd hacker types from -hackers,
> definitely the lesser of two evils.  People can always just start
> subscribing and posting from the same address too - I've been doing
> that for ages and it's no trouble, really. :)

	It's extremely easy to set up a parallel "posters" list with majordomo
and have people subscribe and unsubscribe their own alternate e-mail
addresses so no one from the project has to deal with that. I'm sure
Jonathan knows how to do that, on the off chance he doesn't I'll be glad
to send the details. It's worked well for me and saves a lot of
administration overhead.

Doug
--
***           Chief Operations Officer, DALnet IRC network          ***

At Barry (a small town in south Wales) hidden cameras have had to be
installed to keep watch on the town's CCTV [Closed Circuit Television]
to record acts of vandalism against the CCTV. - Privacy Forum