Date:      Thu, 24 May 2001 20:08:50 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Christopher W. Aiken" <cwaiken@icubed.com>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   FTP Question

I have a file on my office pc (SuSE 7.1 Linux) that shows
a size of 46592 (ls -l).  If I ssh in to my office pc, through
my ISP dialup connection, and try to ftp the file back to my
home pc (FreeeBSD 4.2) I only get 8760 bytes transfered before
ftp "stalls" out.

I ftp'd the file to my ISP's shell account and try to ftp the file
from my ISP to my home pc and again only 8760 bytes transfered before
ftp "stalls" out.

Any clues as to why?  What is so special about 8760?  I can
scp the file back and forth in both directions from my ISP
and my office pc to my home pc w/o any problems.

I can go to /usr/ports/.... and do a make/make install and
have no problems with the make proceedure ftping files into
my system.

--
-=[cwa]=-
FreeBSD 4.2