Date:      Mon, 31 Jan 2005 16:29:30 +0000
From:      Nick Hilliard <nick-list@netability.ie>
To:        "Bjoern A. Zeeb" <bzeeb-lists@lists.zabbadoz.net>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Marvell Yukon 88E8053

>>integrated pci-e Marvell Yukon 88E8053 gig nic installed.  By the looks
>
> is this another of the PCIe ones?

yep, deviceid 0x4362 instead of 0x4361 for the regular 88E8050.

> if it would work the patch doesn't cover everything. See
> http://sources.zabbadoz.net/freebsd/patchset/EXPERIMENTAL/if_sk-marvell-88e8050-id.diff
> what would need to be patched but be sure to read the disclaimer
> at the beginning of this file!

ach, I missed the statement where it sets sk->sk_type.

> if it's one of the 88E8050s (and it seems to be) you will have to wait
> for a new driver to come; I know someone is working on this but I don't
> know when we might expect something released.

I have tried installing if_sk.c 1.83.2.6 and have put in a variant of
the patch above (with the sk->sk_type line included).  It now fails
with:

 > skc0: <Marvell Yukon 88E8053 Gigabit Ethernet> port 0xc800-0xc8ff mem 0xdfefc000-0xdfefffff irq 16 at device 0.0 on pci3
 > skc0: bad VPD resource id: expected 82 got 0
 > sk0: <Marvell Semiconductor, Inc. Yukon> on skc0
 > sk0: no memory for jumbo buffers!
 > sk0: jumbo buffer allocation failed
 > device_attach: sk0 attach returned 12
 > sk1: <Marvell Semiconductor, Inc. Yukon> on skc0
 > sk1: no memory for jumbo buffers!
 > sk1: jumbo buffer allocation failed
 > device_attach: sk1 attach returned 12

That "at device 0.0" looks suboptimal.