Date:      Fri, 12 Jun 1998 13:13:10 -0400
From:      mark puttnam <mputtnam@ford.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, mark_puttnam@hotmail.com, ssomavar@ford.com
Subject:   Regarding Database, and running it along with Windows 95

Hi

I am really interested in loading my system with freebsd. But there are
a few questions that I wanted to be answered before loading OS.

1. I have a 6.3 Gig hard drive and have 3 drives on it , with Windows 95
loaded in it. I assume that Windows 95 does have the DOS environment as
Windows 3.1 . Can I load freeBSD on my D drive deploy the operating
system there? Or would I have to reformat my entire system to load the
operating system?
2. Does FreeBSD have the features like OS/2 which can co exists with
Windows?
3. How friendly is it to Databases?
4. Can I use MS Access with this operating system?
5. Are their any free databases that I can use with the operating
system?
6. Is there a connectivity tool like (ODBC/JDBC) with freeBSD?
7. Do we have a FreeBSD flavour of Javac?
8. Can it talk to windows programs like MS Access or VB?

Please inform me about this asap.

mark puttnam
web master