Date:      Sat, 12 Jun 2010 08:36:59 -0300
From:      Luiz Otavio O Souza <lists.br@gmail.com>
To:        Oleksandr Tymoshenko <gonzo@bluezbox.com>
Cc:        freebsd-mips@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: RouterBOARD RB450G

On Jun 11, 2010, at 6:20 PM, Oleksandr Tymoshenko wrote:

>=20
> On 2010-06-11, at 5:05 AM, Alexander Mogilny wrote:
>=20
>> Hi all!
>> I have recently purchased RB450G router and was not
>> satisfied with RouterOS so I decided to install FreeBSD
>> on this device.
>> There are some issues with starting FreeBSD on this device
>> so I would like to help community to fix some code and get
>> this device working.
>>=20
>> Default AR71XX kernel failed to boot. Boot process stopped
>> at ohci device detection (it just hanged). When I commented
>> it out in hints file I got following:
>>=20
>  .. skipped ..
>>=20
>> As you can see ethernet card got incorrect ethernet address.
>> What could cause this? Perhaps I can somehow give you some more
>> debug information?
>    RouterBoard and Routerstation use different approaches for passing
> device-dependent data (MAC address, memsize) to kernel. Routerstation
> uses redboot that passes key-value pairs in environment memory area
> while RouterBoard's own boot loader passes them as key-value pairs in =
argv.=20
>=20
> Some minor hackery required to get it working. It's not done yet =
because I=20
> didn't have a chance to get my hands on AR71XX-based routerboard :)=20

Gonzo,

I 've most of the trivial fixes for routerboards, just give me a few =
days to extract the current patches.

My old stuff can be found on: http://loos.no-ip.org:280/routerboard/

The missing bits are: nand (the driver is ported, but i need more -free- =
time to sort out the FS layer), sd/mmc card slot (connected to spi bus) =
and the ethernet switch (useful on RG450(g) which have 4 ports connected =
to switch).

Luiz=