Date:      Thu, 4 Oct 2001 10:31:07 -0500 (CDT)
From:      <paul@weier.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: DBD::Oracle

> > I am running Oracle 8i (Linux client only...no full DB)
> > I am running Perl 5.6.1
> > I am trying to install DBD::Oracle-1.12
>
>   Linux and FreeBSD libraries can't be linked together.  You
> will have to use all Linux binaries, or the native FreeBSD Oracle client.

Questions:

1) Is there a FreeBSD Oracle client?  I would love to get rid of the Linux-
   compatibility issue altogether...but can find nothing from Oracle that
   supports FreeBSD.   Again I only need the client and associated libs.

2) If not 1)... Which binaries are all included in "using all Linux"?

	oracle
	DBD
	Perl?

    or does it also included more?

	DBI?

    more?

Thanks again in advance...I think we are going to get it figured out shortly
here with the help I am getting.