Date:      Thu, 19 Jul 2001 11:00:12 +0200
From:      Christoph Sold <so@server.i-clue.de>
To:        j mckitrick <jcm@FreeBSD-uk.eu.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cvsup from dhcp client

j mckitrick schrieb:

> I'm running dhclient for the first time after running a ppp connection most
> of the time.  When I try to connect to any of the cvsup sites, I am told
> 'connection refused.'  Any idea why?

Reverse lookup for your IP failed.

> I have a firewall for ppp, but I haven't started using one for dhclient.  My
> network is apparently behind a firewall already, here at the office.  What
> other info should I provide?

CVSup builds two connections: one from the client to the server to send
the version information of all the files you got to the server, another
one from the server to the client to send all the edits and changes to
your box.

> I have ed0 and bpf in my kernel, and I used 'dhclient ed0' to connect.
> Everything else works fine: ssh, ftp, and netscape.

You have to allow incoming connections for the CVSup data port. See it's
manpage. Additional literature may be found at Mr. Polstra's website.
(www.polstra.com, IIRC.)

HTH
-Christoph Sold