Date:      Wed, 1 Jan 2003 16:29:09 -0800
From:      Juli Mallett <jmallett@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD GNOME Users <gnome@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: A gtk# port.

* De: Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com> [ Data: 2003-01-01 ]
	[ Subjecte: Re: A gtk# port. ]
> On Wed, 2003-01-01 at 18:30, Juli Mallett wrote:
> > Hey,
> >
> > Being that this is my first port, I thought I'd get some list feedback
> > right off.  I've made a port of Gtk# 0.6.0.1 (a minor point release for
> > FreeBSD's ports as per permission from a Gtk# maintainer to roll our own
> > for this -- fixes a small problem in the way 0.6 was rolled), and put
> > the distfile in my public_distfiles (though it hasn't shown up yet, of
> > course)...  The port (as a shell archive) can be grabbed...
> > 	http://people.freebsd.org/~jmallett/gtk-sharp-0.6.0.1.shar
>
> I fixed up a few things, and here is a modified version.  This version
> has the following changes:
>
> * Remove some dependencies that are implied by other dependencies.

Oh, ok, I wasn't sure the policy for that, so I just listed them as they
are checked for in configure.in.

> * Change GNU_CONFIGURE to USE_LIBTOOL, and add the necessary configure
> patch such that libc won't be explicitly linked, and .la files won't be
> installed.

Ah ok, thanx.

> * Removed the trailing '.' in pkg-comment, and added INSTALLS-SHLIB to
> Makefile to quiet portlint.

D'oh, thanx.

> * Sorted the plist.
> * Changed patch names to refer to the file they patch.

Cool.

> > PS:  You'll also need a recent ports tree to be able to build Mono.
> > The version of Mono we have will cause the first text output by the
> > console to be a Utf8 header, but that's fixed in the CVS repository,
> > and our port will use the next release of Mono when it comes out,
> > which fixes this and other issues -- it will bring the number of Mono
> > patches down to 1.
>
> Are you referring to mono-0.13, or 0.17 which I committed today?  0.17
> added a few new patches.

I'm referring to 0.17.  Most of our patches (as sent by roam@) were
integrated into Mono.

> Thanks for the port.  As I don't use C# yet, I wouldn't be the best one
> to test it.  However, we really appreciate your work on this.

You've tested the modified version, to be sure I didn't have anything
wrong? :)  If so, I'll give this a spin locally, and probably commit,
thanx!
--
Juli Mallett <jmallett@FreeBSD.org>
AIM: BSDFlata IRC: juli@EFnet#flata