Date:      Thu, 8 Feb 1996 19:34:28 -0200
From:      "Alex Medeiros da Paz" <alexmpaz@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   installation

Hi, Everyone!

I tried to install FreeBSD on my computer but couldn't make it to
the end. I would appreciate very much any help any of you could
give me.

I downloaded all the installation files needed for the X-User
distribution. After extracting all of the files from the folder
FREEBSD (which was inside a FAT-32 partition), I got the following
message between quotations:

"panic: ffs_alloccg: map corrupted
syncing disks... 135 135 135 108 98 62 34 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2
giving up on 1 buffers
Uptime: 6m21s
Automatic Reboot in 15 sec (...)"

After that I tried to install the system again, but this time using the
Debug option, so that I could switch to the console where the
debugging messages appear, and here's what I got (the 2 last
lines):

"ports/chinese/mutt/README.html
start=0, len=2, fs=/mnt/usr"

By the way, the first thing I tried to do, as suggested on the
handbook, was to check the boot floppies and write the images
again (kern.flp and mfsroot.flp). No success. Any other ideas?

Thank you all!
Alex