Date:      Fri, 18 Dec 1998 14:55:45 +0100
From:      Marcel Moolenaar <marcel@scc.nl>
To:        Sxren Schmidt <sos@freebsd.dk>, remco@scc.nl, freebsd-database@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Linux Threads patches available

Sxren Schmidt wrote:

> It seems Mike Smith wrote:

> > > I was under the impression that the main Oracle problem was with
> > > pipes.  A pipe fix went recently.  Who was working on Oracle?
> >
> > Soren, before his machine was stolen.
>
> I am again on my latitude, and I keep it close to me at all times :)
> And the pipe patch doesn't make it work, allready been there..
> I'm not sure if its still pipe related or not.
> There is still problems, and I'm loooking at it when I have a spare
> hour....
> If anybody wants to help, please do so...

I currently have Oracle for Linux running on my FreeBSD-current machine (the
server, that is). Unfortunately I am not able to start any listeners. They
fail on the IPC protocal adapter. I'll check out the pipe fixes...

I had to fix (was it boken?) the linux emulator. Oracle sends a signal 0
(null) to it's first child (monitor process). "kill(pid, 0)" returns EINVAL,
which Oracle does not expect. This problem is addressed in PR 9082.

marcel