Date:      Tue, 25 Jun 1996 01:30:57 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Ollivier Robert <roberto@keltia.freenix.fr>
To:        ache@nagual.ru (=?KOI8-R?Q?=E1=CE=C4=D2=C5=CA_=FE=C5=D2=CE=CF=D7?=)
Cc:        jkh@FreeBSD.org, asami@cs.berkeley.edu, current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: 'fetch' fixes to conform HTTP standard

It seems that [______ ______] said:
> It is a bit difficult, because whole buffer (header) is searched,
> simple 200 can be anywhere in the buffer. It means that header must be
> parsed by lines and require much more changes to this code.

I'm surprised.  I assumed that  HTTP was as  many TCP/IP protocols with the
same format, the return code in [100,599], a space then a possibly (but not
mandatory) error message... All that count in the return code.

> BTW, all HTTPDs I saw respond as ... 200 OK

The return code is supposed to free you from these kind of assumptions. Who
cares what is behind 200 when all that matters in to get that 200...
--
Ollivier ROBERT    -=- The daemon is FREE! -=-    roberto@keltia.freenix.fr
FreeBSD keltia.freenix.fr 2.2-CURRENT #11: Thu Jun 13 11:01:47 MET DST 1996