Date:      Fri, 07 Apr 2000 09:58:22 -0700
From:      Doug Barton <Doug@gorean.org>
To:        Dave H <sysadmin@white-directory.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Crashes: 3.4-stable (nfs?)

Dave H wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am having almost daily crashes on a system that used
> to run flawlessly. What has changed is that I am now
> servering nfs for 2 AIX client boxes which are batch
> processing files and therefore doing pretty much
> continuous reads. Could nfs really be causing system
> crashes or should I be suspecting hardware?

	It's possible. If I were you I'd upgrade to 4.0-Stable (vastly improved
nfs code) and read the sections in the handbook about crash debugging so
that you can provide more information.

Good luck,

Doug
--
Excess on occasion is exhilarating.  It prevents moderation from
acquiring the deadening effect of a habit.