Date:      Tue, 14 Mar 2000 21:47:53 -0800
From:      dannyman <dannyman@dannyland.org>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   specifying probe order for scsi controllers

so, i have a production system with an ncr0 to which i would like to add an
aha0 in addition to the existing controller.

when i do this, though, the aha0 comes up before the ncr0, so the numbering on
the system disk gets thrown off.

i tried changing the fstab entries for the system disk, but the slices for
da1s1 weren't MAKEDEV'ed and apparently you can not MAKEDEV the slices within
the partition ... perhaps that is because my existing da1 is a dedicated disk?

aaaanyways, can I specify the order in which these controllers come up in the
system?  i had guessed that you could based on the admonition about ISA
ethernet probe orders ... but by default the ncr0 is listed first.

or is there some way i can config things to keep da0 on the ncr and da1 on the
aha?

thanks,
-danny

--