Date:      Fri, 13 Sep 1996 13:00:16 -0600
From:      Steve Passe <smp@csn.net>
To:        freebsd-smp@freebsd.org
Cc:        peter@spinner.dialix.com
Subject:   writing new apic_startup

Hi,

I'm starting to re-code apic_startup() armed with the knowqledge we've gained
the last several days.  One of the things I want to do is use real timing
loops.

 Is there a kernel facility available at the point apic_startup()
is called (middle of init386() in machdep.c) that will give me
blocking delays in the order of 10 usec to 10 msec?

  Failing that does anyone see any reason why I shouldn't use the APIC timer?
Is it currently used on the boot CPU for anything else?

--
Steve Passe	| powered by
smp@csn.net	|            FreeBSD