Date:      Thu, 18 Jul 2002 11:52:30 -0500
From:      Dan Nelson <dnelson@allantgroup.com>
To:        Jay West <jwest@classiccmp.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Repost: Why are IPC message queues incredibly slow?

In the last episode (Jul 18), Jay West said:
> I posted this here a week ago, but got no responses. Is there a better list
> I should direct this type of question to, a developers list for freebsd or
> something? Any thoughts appreciated!

You can try freebsd-hackers, but I don't think sysv queues are used
very often at all.  You say there's a 1-sec delay when sending a
message?  Have you ktrace'd both client and server and verified that
msgsnd/msgrcv are really the cause of the delay?  Can you reproduce the
problem with a pair of minimal programs?

--
	Dan Nelson
	dnelson@allantgroup.com