Date:      Sun, 16 May 1999 01:23:50 +1000
From:      Alex <panadol@hotkey.net.au>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   backing up

Hi

if i was to make a backup of my whole os data files every thing execpt boot
sectors
and then place them on to a diffrint machine with a boot sector from an
install, if /etc/fstab and the
kernel have been changed or will match (will run on new system due to mods
or existing cappabilty)
should every thing run ok?

to sum up apart form /etc/fstab and the kernel there are no other files
that should cause me problams are there (ie system spesfic (holding
hardware info etc..) files that i need to watch for)

(these files could be edited or replaced by the install that created the
boot sector)
also is there any way of easily backing up the boot sector on freebsd

this is all related to wd style (ATA, ide) disks

thanks alot

alex