Date:      Wed, 23 Sep 2009 14:00:03 -0400
From:      Kevin Wilcox <kevin.wilcox@gmail.com>
To:        Patsy <patsy@ethernull.org>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org, Sisantha Godawela-Ohle <ekerberos@web.de>
Subject:   Re: freebsd-chat Digest, Vol 320, Issue 1

2009/9/23 Patsy <patsy@ethernull.org>:

> how much of the space in "/" is taken up by the "/home"
> directory? (the "du" command should be able to help with
> this). It's quite common to create a seperate /home partition
> to avoid ordinary users being able to fill up the "/"
> partition.

Indeed. I'm also particularly curious as to what method is being used
for software installation, i.e., FreeBSD packages, the ports system or
manual compile from source?

kmw

--
Whenever there is in any country, uncultivated lands and unemployed
poor, it is clear that the laws of property have been so far extended