Date:      Mon, 26 Mar 2007 17:31:49 +0200
From:      steinab@ifi.uio.no (=?iso-8859-1?q?Steinar_B=F8rmer?=)
To:        freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: libgda and libgda2 conflicts in upgrading to 2.18

| I fixed things up by removing both libgda and libgda2 and then first
| reinstalling libgda.  I thought I'd have to force libgda2 to go in,
| but it installed without complaint, and then I rebuilt gnome-db to be
| safe.  No errors.  I must have misread something.

I also ran in to a conflict between libgda and libgda2 on my system.
However, when I removed libgda2, pkg_delete informed me that it was
needed by gnome-db.  Unlike you, where gnome-db required libgda.  This
also came out of the gettext upgrade.

libglade was the port that required libgda even though libgda2 was
installed.  Quite hard to navigate for the unwary.

Anyway, your solution worked fine, thanks.

--
SB

When in doubt, use brute force.
                -- Ken Thompson