Date:      Tue, 28 Apr 1998 23:44:42 -0300 (ADT)
From:      The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        Roddie Hasan <roddie@krweb.net>, ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: StarOffice Newsgroups...

On Tue, 28 Apr 1998, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

> Yep, the chances of StarDivision doing a native port are close
> to infinitismal (I've talked to them) but we could REALLY do a much
> better job of advertising the fact that the Linux version works
> just fine.

	I was reading through the newsgroup today, playing catch up
mostly, and one of the postings from one of their "internal guys"
commented on wanting to port to "various Unices (incl Linux)", which I
find comical...

	...on the one hand, it makes it almost sound like Linux is one of
many...but, I've yet to find a *non* Unix port :(

> > > 	... but all the talk in the Unix group(s) are Linux related...I'm
> > > trying to throw *something* in there FreeBSD (like, asking for a port?),
> > > but I'm just one person...
> > >

> > FYI - I just downloaded the Linux version of StarOffice 4.0 (45 megs),
> > gunzip/untar'd it, and ran the setup program.  Its interface is similar to
> > a Windows program setup.  I did the minimum install (75 megs), and it runs
> > beautifully under FreeBSD 3.0-current with linux_lib installed.
> >
> > Roddie
> >
> > <>> Roddie Hasan - roddie@krweb.net - http://www.krweb.net/roddie
> > <>> "Early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese."

> > with "unsubscribe freebsd-ports" in the body of the message

Marc G. Fournier
Systems Administrator @ hub.org