Date:      Wed, 05 Feb 1997 00:22:30 +0100
From:      Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.dk.tfs.com>
To:        Karl Denninger <karl@Mcs.Net>
Cc:        jkh@time.cdrom.com (Jordan K. Hubbard), current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Question: 2.1.7?

In message <199702042206.QAA01949@Jupiter.Mcs.Net>, Karl Denninger writes:

Hi Karl!

>In other words, you don't like opposing points of view.

We don't mind opposing views one bit.

What we >do< mind is people who can >only< talk in extreemes and ultimatums.

People who don't know why the middle road has to be found, because they
see the world from the trench on one side of the road.

People who lack the ability to "see it from the other partys side" is
right there on the list too btw.

You seem to check all the boxes.

You should seriously consider taking a course like "communicating with
other people in a civilized manner - 101"

You would get much more of your usually not entirely unreasonable
suggestions through if you communicated them in a civilized manner
rather than as a monkey on caffeine.

I have no idea why you freaked out in this case, I havn't seen (and don't
want to se) the email you and Jordan have been exchanging.

As far as I know the FreeBSD project is in the process of finding out
how to respond to this problem.  Being an volounteer, spare-time, unpaid
project, we cannot just call everybody to attention and fix it in 10min
flat.  We need the planet to rotate a couple of times to get people
mobilized.

If this is not good enough for you you have three choices:
	1. Pay somebody to fix it "right now!"  (You can look in our
	   web pages for people offering services of that kind.)
	2. Do it yourself.
	3. Switch to another OS.

>Is it time yet for someone else to set up yet ANOTHER source tree and
>development branch for FreeBSD?

Now, I'm seriously confused...

Why would you want to do that ?

I could understand it if we refused to acknowledge and/or fix the bug, but
as far as I know that is far from the case...

Is this a new variation of "the spoilt weenies battlecry":

	"If you don't fix it for me right now I'll install LINUX!"

If such is the case:  Good bye & Good riddance.

whois: [PHK]                | phk@tfs.com           TRW Financial Systems, Inc.
Power and ignorance is a disgusting cocktail.