Date:      Thu, 23 Oct 2003 19:27:26 -0700
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        JacobRhoden <jrhoden@unimelb.edu.au>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 5.1 mfsroot floppy broken?

--azLHFNyN32YCQGCU

On Fri, Oct 24, 2003 at 09:24:25AM +1000, JacobRhoden wrote:
> Hi,
>=20
> I have been trying to get an install of 5.1 using the floppies made off t=
he=20
> 5.1 ISO, and it seems they are broken. Has anyone else successfully achie=
ved=20
> an install using the boot disks?
>=20
> Regards
>  - Jacob
>=20
> Further Details:
>   After booting, custom install, and then selecting cdrom/dos
>   partion/floppies as the media, you receive the following error:
>=20
>   Error mounting /dev/xxx on /dist: No such file for directory (2)
> =20
>   (Just replace xxx with the media you have selected)

I've seen something like this as well../dist didn't exist in the MFS
root, but I think /mnt did.  I wasn't sure if it was my fault somehow,
so I didn't follow it up.  This was probably with the 5.1-RELEASE
fixit CD, which is the only install media I've used in the past few
months.

Kris

--azLHFNyN32YCQGCU

--azLHFNyN32YCQGCU--