Date:      Sat, 3 Oct 1998 10:29:59 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Dan Busarow <dan@dpcsys.com>
To:        Kevlyn <kevlyn@arythia.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Setting up BSD as a gateway

On Thu, 1 Oct 1998, Kevlyn wrote:
> > You need to supply a little more information.  What is the IP address
> > of your internal NIC?  Is it on a different network (IP wise) than
> > your internet connected NIC?  What is the w95's default gateway set
> > to?
>
> I'm using 10.0.0.1 as the IP for my BSD machine on our internal network, Win
> is using .2 and it's default gateway is set to the BSD machine.  The IP for
> our ISP is 198.77.1.x

If you are connecting to your ISP via PPP you need to add -alias
to your ppp startup command.  If you have an ethernet connection
you need to run natd on the outside interface.

Dan
--
 Dan Busarow                                                  949 443 4172
 Dana Point Communications, a California corporation        dan@dpcsys.com