Date:      Fri, 26 Oct 2001 11:41:36 -0400
From:      Bill.Melvin@esc.edu
To:        Rasputin <rasputin@submonkey.net>
Cc:        security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Putty & SSH

> If you just want to save yourself a lot of greif, try teraterm
> with the ttssh plugin - see:

> http://www.zip.com.au/~roca/ttssh.html

> Not sure if it's any better, but it's a free 5 minute download to
> find out :)

Doesnt do Protocol 2 ... From the top of the above link.

"Many people ask me whether or not TTSSH will support SSH protocol version
2.
It does not and (unless someone else decides to try) it will not. Sorry, I
don't have time to do it. Please don't ask me about it."

You can still do 1 with a FreeBSD sshd but you are rolling
the dice on the CRC-32 patches to the daemon (TTSSH itself
claims not to be vulnerable).

(below for the "L4m3rz use Windows/Grow up, I have to use
Windows" debate that inevitably follows every "Windows
SSH client" question on this list :-)

The Cygwin kit (http://www.cygwin.com) uses OpenSSH 2.9.9p2
at least plus gives you a "real" shell and utilities if you
dont mind the GPL.

/b