Date:      Sat, 21 May 2011 11:20:37 +0200
From:      Willy Offermans <Willy@Offermans.Rompen.nl>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   modem support MT9234ZPX-PCIE-NV

Dear FreeBSD friends,

I need support with a MultiTech modem, MT9234ZPX-PCIE-NV
(http://www.multitech.com/en_US/PRODUCTS/Families/MultiModemZPX/)

The modem is recognised during the boot event:

<snip>
pci6: <simple comms, UART> at device 0.0 (no driver attached)
</snip>

and also appears in the list of found hardware over the PCI bus:

<snip>
none1@pci0:6:0:0:       class=0x070002 card=0x20262205 chip=0x015213a8 rev=0x02 hdr=0x00
    vendor     = 'Exar Corp.'
    device     = 'XR17C/D152 Dual PCI UART'
    class      = simple comms
    subclass   = UART
</snip>

However, as the boot process already mentions, there is no driver attached
and I cannot get the modem to appear as an accessible and functional
device. Is there someone, who can help me to get this modem to work?

--
Met vriendelijke groeten,
With kind regards,

Willy