Date:      Tue, 7 May 1996 08:24:09 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Cc:        handy@sag.space.lockheed.com (Brian N. Handy)
Subject:   Re: Phillips CDD 522 Works!

As Brian N. Handy wrote:

> It works!  I had to call the CDD 522 an HP 4020i, but it seems to work
> great otherwise.  For the sake of completeness, I'll include my little
> script at the end of this missive.

Great news!  Now we could drop another description record in the
driver that shares its functions with the HP4020i.

Can you please quote the probe message here (for the strings)?

> 	device worm0 at scbus?  # SCSI worm
>
> Do I really need this?

Yep.  How else should the kernel even know that you've got a worm
device?

> mkisofs -d -a -N -l -R -T -v -A "This is a Test" -P "Written by BH" \
>    -o /home/handy/filesystem.iso /ys/ucon/soft

(Btw., due to a minor glitch in the driver, you might better add a:

  scsi -f /dev/rworm0.ctl -c "0 0 0 0 0 0" >/dev/null 2>&1

here.  It's a dummy TEST UNIT READY, just in case to catch a unit
attention.)

--
cheers, J"org