Date:      Thu, 2 Aug 2001 15:30:43 -0300
From:      =?iso-8859-1?q?Jos=E9=20de=20Paula=20Eufr=E1sio=20J=FAnior?= <jpej@geo-rede.com.br>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   SNMP problems with interfaces up and down

Hello people..

Servers: Linux 2.2.19 and 2.4.x + snmpd 4.2.1

machine that is gathering data: FreeBSD 4.3 + snmp 4.2.1

I just made a script that uses snmpwalk to get the interfaces/OperStatus for
all interfaces in the servers...
I want to see how much people is connected in the servers, and each
connections brings up a ppp interface.

the problem is,  the data seems very innacurate... sometimes there's just 2
ppp interfaces, 2 eth's and 1 loopback and the snmpwalk reports 10
interfaces, all up. Seems that the data isn't being refreshed!

There's something that I can do in the servers that "refresh" this data or
it's a bug/limitation?

thanks for any help