Date:      Tue, 20 Sep 2016 13:56:27 -0700
From:      Mark Millard <markmi@dsl-only.net>
To:        FreeBSD Toolchain <freebsd-toolchain@freebsd.org>, FreeBSD Ports <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: binutils 2.27 [not working for powerpc64 (and powerpc?)]

The below forward from freebsd-pcc's list confirms that binutils 2.27 =
not working for powerpc64 (& powerpc?) contexts.

Note: Krzysztof Parzyszek is one of the two people that have recently =
been working on updating clang/llvm for fixing some of the issues that =
block FreeBSD from using clang for powerpc and powerpc64 for buildworld =
and buildkernel.

=3D=3D=3D
Mark Millard
markmi at dsl-only.net

On 2016-Sep-20, at 11:19 AM, Krzysztof Parzyszek <kristof at =
swissmail.org> wrote:

> I've had similar problems after building gcc-4.8.  After reverting =
back to binutils 2.25 and rebuilding, it worked fine.