Date:      Sat, 11 Sep 1999 21:33:24 -0600
From:      Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
To:        billf@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        gthalapp@hotmail.com, freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: advocacy/13696: FreeBSD logo

billf@FreeBSD.ORG wrote:

> Synopsis: FreeBSD logo
>
> State-Changed-From-To: open->closed
> State-Changed-By: billf
> State-Changed-When: Sat Sep 11 14:58:02 PDT 1999
> State-Changed-Why:
> 1) Priority: High? You must have lots of time on your hands, but we don't.
> 2) The daemon is not 'evil'. There are a million explanations that you will receieve
> however, I will simply point you to http://www.freebsd.org/copyright/daemon.html

I would like to point out this has been discussed to death a number of times,
and each and every time the answer is a resounding NO!  If you are so insecure
or simplistic in your beliefs that you think a little red guy with horns and a
pointed tail represents the evil of the world, feel free to avoid using any
computer system that features such an image.

Thank you for your participation in FreeBSD Advocacy.  Before chiming in
again, please make sure your request isn't one of the other beaten-to-death
topics that rage back and forth here.

http://softweyr.com/                                           wes@softweyr.com