Date:      Fri, 20 Nov 1998 09:33:41 -0500 (EST)
From:      jack <jack@germanium.xtalwind.net>
To:        Arisandy <sandy@divre5.telkom.co.id>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: DigiBoard?

On Fri, 20 Nov 1998, Arisandy wrote:

> I laready compile my new kernel ...
> now there is a dgm device in Misc device...but list as unknown device
> here is my dmesg
>
> dgm0: PC/Xem
> dgm0 at 0x324-0x327 maddr 0xd0000 msize 32768 on isa
> dgm0: DigiBIOS loaded, initializing, DigiBIOS running
> dgm0: FEP/OS loaded, initializing, FEP/OS running
> dgm0: 8 ports
>
> but when I look in /dev/ there is no dgm device?
> now how can I name my modem on digiboard?
> still use ttyd0 or cuaa0 or?
> or may be a way to test my modem which connected in DigiBoard?

In /dev, as root, you need to run `./MAKEDEV cuaM0' and
`./MAKEDEV ttyM0'

cuaM0a0 through cuaM0df and ttyM0a0 through ttyM0df are the
devices for the Xem driver.

The three last characters refer to the four possible digiboards
in the machine (0-3), the four possible expansion boxes (a-d),
and the sixteen possible ports per board (0-f).

In your case you'll be using cuaM0a0 through cuaM0a7, or ttyM0a0
through ttyM0a7, for the eight ports.

Jack O'Neill                    Systems Administrator / Systems Analyst
jack@germanium.xtalwind.net     Crystal Wind Communications, Inc.
          Finger jack@germanium.xtalwind.net for my PGP key.
   PGP Key fingerprint = F6 C4 E6 D4 2F 15 A7 67   FD 09 E9 3C 5F CC EB CD
               enriched, vcard, HTML messages > /dev/null