Date:      Thu, 31 Jan 2002 11:31:24 -0500
From:      "Alvaro Rosales R." <aran80@wintersperu.com.pe>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Deleting files in FreeBSD

 Hi folks Can you tell me if  there is
   a way to recover a deleted file in FreeBSD?? I mean is there
   something like the recycle bin of Micro$oft Windows 9X ? , If
there is ,
   Hown can I use it? is it enabled by default?? does it give
   you information of Who deleted the file and at what time did the
deletion ocurr??.
I am using my FreeBSD server to share files with my Windows
clients using SAMBA and I would like to
have some control over the files my users delete in the server,  I
had some experience with Novell Netware servers and they
had an utility that kept track of the files the users deleted from the
server and then you coul use an utility called salvage to recover
this files.
  Thanks in advance for your help.

Alvaro A. Rosales Rojas. ---------------- a.k.a. RAZA
Proud user of  Pegasus Mail
Soporte Tecnico de Sistemas
Procacao S.A
3368113 ext 260

"You'll never know how far you can go until you break the chains
that tie your soul "