Date:      Fri, 22 Aug 2003 19:30:18 +0100
From:      Bruce M Simpson <bms@spc.org>
To:        Bill Fenner <fenner@research.att.com>
Cc:        wes@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Receiving INADDR_BROADCAST packets

On Fri, Aug 22, 2003 at 06:18:57AM -0700, Bill Fenner wrote:
> I think c) (perhaps combined with IP_RECVDSTADDR so that you know
> whether you got a unicast or broadcast) is the correct answer.
> I think binding UDP sockets to tell what interface/address was
> the destination is a historical artifact.

I've implemented the fix you've suggested.  Thanks!

I probably wouldn't need to bind sockets to each interface if I were doing
purely broadcast traffic. I'm happy with what works for the time being,
however; I may revisit this if I ever implement IPv6 support for the daemon
I'm currently hacking. IP_ONESBCAST has saved a lot of trouble for me.

Regards,
BMS