Date:      Mon, 12 Mar 2001 08:20:14 -0500
From:      Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>
To:        ernie@eis.net.au (Ernie Elu)
Cc:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Intel 82562 chip breaks fxp driver?

I remember a thread a few weeks ago about this. I thought it had to do =
with
flow control from certain switches.  There was even a patch. I might not =
be
remembering it properly, but have a look through the archives for fxp =
flow
control and you will probably find it. Like I said, I am just going from
memory and I could be wrong.

	---Mike

On 12 Mar 2001 02:52:46 -0500, in sentex.lists.freebsd.net you wrote:

>I have just built up a 4.2-RELEASE system with an brand new Intel =
D815EEA=20
>motherboard that has onboard ethernet using the 82562 chipset.
>
>The card stops every few minutes with a /kernel: fxp0: SCB timeout error
>message.
>
>I have found reference to others experiencing the same problem with the
>82562 chipset on FreeBSD, linux, and OpenBSD mail lists with no =
solutions=20
>going back as far as December.
>
>Has anyone found a workaround to this problem?
>
>- Ernie.

>with "unsubscribe freebsd-net" in the body of the message

Mike Tancsa  (mdtancsa@sentex.net)	=09
Sentex Communications Corp,   	=09
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
"Given enough time, 100 monkeys on 100 routers=20
could setup a national IP network." (KDW2)