Date:      Wed, 12 Apr 2000 01:35:25 -0400 (EDT)
From:      spork <spork@super-g.com>
To:        Michael DeMutis <mike@2Gen.net>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Upgrade Path from 2.2.2

FWIW a simple binary upgrade on my home 2.2.6 box went well.

I still may have some cleaning to do, but it is working fine.

-install, choosing upgrade option
-include 2.2.x compat
-move back any essential /etc stuff
-reboot
-pkg_delete any old packages/ports
-remake any ports/packages
-look for perl programs, point them at /usr/bin/perl :)

Charles

---
Charles Sprickman
spork@super-g.com
---
                     "...there's no idea that's so good you can't
                      ruin it with a few well-placed idiots."