Date:      Sat, 22 Dec 2001 17:46:01 +0100 (CET)
From:      "Hartmann, O." <ohartman@klima.physik.uni-mainz.de>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   cdrtools still have problems!

Hello.

Is anybody out here using FreeBSD 4.5-PRERELEASE or 4.4-STABLE
with the recent port of cdrtools 1.10_1?

I use this port and the mentioned operating system's version and
have bad luck in burning CD-ROMs on either a TEAC CD-R55S and an
older Plextor drive (I reported already a softwarebug, but I think
I made some mistakes in how to deal with the priority of the bug-report
etc.). Both drives are connected to a SCSI controller, one to a
SCSI-3/LSI Logic 21040, the other (Plextor) on a Adaptec 2940U. Both
drives show the same problem: either prepared ISO images or images
made by mkisofs are not well burned down to a CD.

I wonder if there are not more administartors using SCSI equipment
for their duties ...

--
MfG
O. Hartmann

ohartman@klima.physik.uni-mainz.de
IT-Administration des Institutes fuer Physik der Atmosphaere (IPA)
Johannes Gutenberg Universitaet Mainz
Becherweg 21
55099 Mainz

Tel: +496131/3924662 (Maschinenraum)