Date:      Sat, 19 Oct 2002 00:39:36 +0200
From:      Ernst de Haan <znerd@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Bill Huey (Hui) <billh@gnuppy.monkey.org>, Marc Recht <marc@informatik.uni-bremen.de>
Cc:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org, phantom@FreeBSD.org.ua, "Bill Huey (Hui)" <billh@gnuppy.monkey.org>
Subject:   Re: Native J2SE 1.4 update (it's working)

> > IMHO the best way would be public read access to the CVS repository.
> > Maybe you could give read access to people who accept to the SCSL ?
>
> That might be interesting, or we can just be more on the ball about it,
> or get another person to offload Greg for that work for when he's too
> busy, etc...

Yup, that was I was thinking, too. We should try to offload the key players,
like Greg, Bill and me (IMO). That's why I sent a 'request for help' email a
few days ago. If we can delegate work, then things could move forward much
faster, I believe.

> I've talked about it before, but I'd like a patch page for me to upload
> my own fixes, etc... (are the empowered folks paying attention ?)

Perhaps the site Greg uses? I know he delegates his sysadmin work to someone
else, so this might not involve any real work for him... If not, then perhaps
we could set this up in a different way. I can provide a download location,
but no upload functionality or accounts. But we could use a pull-approach.
Downside would be that I would need to spend time on this...

Ernst