Date:      01 Jun 1998 07:56:42 -0500
From:      Dave Marquardt <marquard@zilker.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Q: Accessing MSDOS filesystem in extended partition

pam@polynet.lviv.ua writes:
> Can somebody suggest how I can mount msdos filesystem situated on
> extended partition?
> FreeBSD fdisk doesn't analize internals of extended partitions, so I don't know
> which wd?s?? partition coresponds to it.

I'm sure this information is in the FreeBSD handbook or the FAQ.

Well, the first ? is the disk, and you'll have to figure that one out
yourself.  But try 0 if you've only got one disk.

The first logical partition in the first extended partition shows up
as s5, then s6 for the second logical partition, then s7 for the
third.

-Dave