Date:      Mon, 26 May 2003 09:46:44 +0200
From:      "Karel J. Bosschaart" <karelj@phys9911.phys.tue.nl>
To:        Antoine Jacoutot <ajacoutot@lphp.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: vmware bash problem

On Fri, May 23, 2003 at 02:46:44PM +0200, Antoine Jacoutot wrote:
> Hi !
>
> I run FreeBSD-4.8-RELEASE
> I just installed vmware2-2.0.4.1142 from the ports collection, but each
> time I want to launch the configuration wizard from vmware, nothing
> happens.
> Instead, there's a 180kb bash core file in my homedir.
> Any idea what's happening ?

I had the same problem recently with vmware3 on -current, and I worked
around by running the configuration wizard as root. No bash-coredump
this time. I moved the files to my own home-dir, and edited some obvious
path settings. From there, I could continue as usual installing a guest OS.

However, I don't know the source of the problem :-(. The wizard used to
work OK, at least with vmware2 on -stable.

Karel.