Date:      Fri, 12 Dec 2008 10:09:45 -0800
From:      Mike Bowie <mbowie@buzmo.com>
To:        Charlie Root <ericx@vineyard.net>
Cc:        freebsd-eclipse@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: eclipse crashing on launch

Charlie Root wrote:
> Sorry to bother you, but I've had no luck with google on this.
>
> Primarily I get the following on the command line:
>
> /libexec/ld-elf.so.1: /u1/home/ericx/.eclipse/org.eclipse.platform_3.3.0_666729633/configuration/org.eclipse.osgi/bundles/80/1/.cp/libswt-mozilla-gtk-3349.so: Undefined symbol "NS_StringContainerInit2"
>
> This occurs during startup while the eclipse splash is still being
> displayed. The text flashes quickly but I believe the last module name
> displayed is org.eclipse.intro.universal
---- snip ----

Hi Eric,

You may have a more satisfying experience with java/eclipse-devel
(Ganymede)... I'm not sure how actively java/eclipse is being cared for
these days.

If you're specifically interested in Eclipse 3.3, I'm sure someone here
will have a suggestion or two.  (I might, but I'm about to run away for
the weekend, sorry!)

Cheers,

Mike.

--
"You don't see FreeBSD developers sitting in a smoke-filled room
plotting the overthrow of Microsoft. We sit in light, airy rooms and