Date:      Sat, 11 Mar 2000 00:22:51 -0800 (PST)
From:      Mark Smith <msmith@beta.tricity.wsu.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ppp filter problems!

Greetings,

I'm having a problem with filtering on my FreeBSD 3.4R box.  I'm using
user PPP.  When I use the following rule set, I can  ping out and in,
and telnet out but NOT telnet into my box via tun0.  When I use tcpdump
to watch tun0, I don't see any packets for telnet coming in. Does
anybody have any ideas?

  set filter in  0 permit icmp
  set filter out 0 permit icmp
  set filter in  1 permit udp src eq 53
  set filter out 1 permit udp dst eq 53
  set filter in  2 permit tcp src eq 23 estab
  set filter out 2 permit tcp dst eq 23
  set filter in  3 permit tcp src eq 80
  set filter out 3 permit tcp dst eq 80
  set filter in  4 permit tcp dst eq 113