Date:      Fri, 14 Sep 2001 15:45:43 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Ken Seggerman <suleyman@echonyc.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   dual booting WIN2000 and FreeBSD 4.3

Greetings:

I wonder if anyone with experience with this sort of configuration
could advise me.

I have a machine with a 10GB hard drive and a 40GB hard drive.

The first drive (10GB) runs NT 4.0 and the second is divided in half
(20 & 20 GB) runningFreeBSD and Linux on each half.

Booteasy now boots NT and FreeBSD. I use a flopppy to bring up LILO to
boot Linux because I don't really know enough about Linux to do otherwise.

If I were to upgrade from NT to Win2000 on the first drive could I
expect Booteasy to still work?

If I wiped out NT and installed Win2000 fresh, could I then boot FreeBSD
from a CD or floppy and then reinstall Booteasy from /stand/sysintsall and
expect everything to be OK?

I have read here on the list that FreeBSD supports mounting NTFS both as a
kernel option and as a KLM. Having no plans to run Win9X is there any
reason to avoid NTFS?

Thanks,

Ken